Thursday, March 12, 2020

Health & Safety (Both Physically and Mentally)

The Corona virus sure has the planet in a panic, doesn't it?  As important as it is to take precautions to avoid getting sick and prevent the spread of germs, it's also important not to give into fear.  There's no point in being paranoid or busting out any "The End Is Nigh" signs; as long as people remain level-headed and use common sense in regards to health, we will all get through this.

Okay, obligatory current event reference aside, how am I doing?  I'm doing alright.  Work has had numerous ups and downs in regards to my stress and anxiety, but I've managed so far.  On the bright side, the schools have decided to temporarily close to prevent the potential spread of the Corona virus, so I have at least two days off with pay for today and tomorrow, and probably will have another week off.  I don't mean to imply that I hate my job, it's just working with children is stressful when many of them ignore my instructions and warnings.  Plus, with more apparent health concerns due to the Corona virus, there's additional stress regarding kids with poor hygiene, so I agree it's a good idea to close the schools for everyone's safety.

On a more lighthearted note, here's what I've been doing for fun:

In the realm of video games, I've completed two out of the four storylines in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and am now working on my third.  I've started playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX, and am enjoying that.  I'm looking forward to getting Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Final Fantasy VII Remake when they're released.  I've also started playing Team Fortress 2 again due to the community effort of Creators.tf, a group of TF2 fans taking things into their own hands for regular fan updates via their own TF2 servers due to Valve not giving any f***s about officially updating the game with any content updates more than twice a year or so.

For stuff I've been watching, I finished all of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine a while back, and recently finished Star Trek: Voyager, so now I've started watching Star Trek: Enterprise.  The English dub of the 22nd Pokémon movie came out on Netflix recently, so I watched that, and even reviewed it.  There are several anime I had started watching and need to finish, which I will hopefully get around to doing eventually.  Despite the global pandemic, I want to go see Pixar's Onward in theaters, and hope to do so soon.

That's all the updates in my life worth mentioning right now.  Maybe with this time off work, I'll get around to doing a more philosophical post I've wanting to write, but we'll see.  I mean, it's not like anyone reads this blog, so why should I put in the effort?

Before I end this though, I wanted to share a pic I took of some 20 year old temporary tattoos my dad found that I decided to test out on myself.  They still work!

Time to party like it's 1999!

Until next time.

- William Winkeler

No comments:

Post a Comment