Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Blog Revival

Wow, so I last used this blog about 6 years ago.  A LOT has changed since then.  I've had a job at a grocery store, moved to the East Coast, gotten a new job in after school care, and basically lost all my friends.  So why am I attempting to revive this blog now?  Naturally, it's because of Facebook.

I hate Facebook.  I didn't join it until I had almost graduated high school back in 2010, and only decided to join in a vain effort to stay connected with the handful of friends I had in high school.  While it was somewhat useful during my brief time at college, I have very frequently despised using Facebook for almost 10 years now.  So, I've had enough.  I'm permanently deleting my account and not looking back.

I might go into all my reasons as to why I believe Facebook to be intolerable at a later date, but for now I commit myself to using this blog instead.  I will be transitioning between the two platforms probably within a week or two before permanently pulling the plug on Facebook.  Until then, stay tuned.

- William Winkeler

No comments:

Post a Comment