Thursday, August 22, 2013

Numb and Number

Went to the dentist today for some dental work.  After a half an hour wait, I got through the worst part (the anesthetic shots).  While a prolonged bitter taste lingered in my mouth, they took care of what need to be done in my lower right teeth.  However, when they started to do work on my upper front teeth, I began feeling pain.  Thus, more anesthetic shots were required, leaving my upper lip heavy and useless, along with my nose numb and immovable.  (I'm certainly glad I shaved yesterday. ^^)  Many slow minutes later, the job was done, and though I could finally rinse out my mouth of the still lingering bitterness, my lame lip made the task sloppy.

After having been in the dentist office nearly 2 hours, I was able to leave.  At home, I managed to swallow 2 ibuprofen pills.  Feeling hungry next, I started eating yogurt.  However, feeding myself yogurt with a numb upper lip felt like I was feeding a baby said food, except that I could control the baby's actions.   I can't smile as well as normal, and I have trouble speaking certain consonant sounds.  As my lip and nose still cannot register pain as I write this, I dread having to continue to deal with this lack of feeling throughout the day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Trying to eat with a still slightly numb mouth can be difficult.

    ReplyDelete