Thursday, April 9, 2020

A COVID-19 Birthday

My birthday was last week, so I thought I'd share how that went.

Funnily enough, COVID-19 made it a great birthday; probably the best I've had in the last five years or so.  Why?  Because I didn't have to work, of course!  That made things much more relaxing.  I spent most of the day doing my usual fun activities, and we ordered pizza from one of my favorite chains for dinner.  My mom baked me a cake (because I really don't like the icing that comes on cakes from bakeries) which was my favorite: chocolate with vanilla icing.  My sister made a surprisingly AMAZING birthday card and my gifts from my parents included a Steam gift card, a Nintendo eShop gift card, and a couple of Pokémon TCG booster packs from the Sword & Shield expansion.  After dinner, presents, and dessert, my family watched Pixar's Onward (available to purchase through our TV service due to COVID-19) which was pretty good.  So yeah, the best birthday I could reasonably have.

There's not much else I have to mention.  Still lazing about at home during the health and safety crisis, and I'm healthy and safe because of it.  I do find it amusing though that my paychecks seemed to be larger during COVID-19 than they were when I actually worked.  Talk about money for nothing!

Until next time.

- William Winkeler

No comments:

Post a Comment